Grants & Academic Outreach
RESEARCH GRANTS IN ARMENIAN STUDIES
The National Association for Armenian Studies and Research (NAASR) is prepared to consider applications for grants for research within the field of Armenian Studies. As funds are limited, the following conditions should be noted by prospective applicants:
Quarterly deadlines for submissions are March 15, June 15, September 15, and December 15. Applicants should expect a decision approximately 6 weeks after the deadline.
- Grants may be given for travel, cost of digitization or microfilm or other research materials, in support of book publication costs, and for similar expenses. Proposals should be submitted at the quarterly deadline at least 3 months before the event or project for which funding is being sought.
- Stipends for living expenses in the applicant's own institution or home and scholarships to colleges and universities are excluded from consideration. Grants are not issued to support requests that fall outside of the field of Armenian Studies.
- Each applicant must state in full detail the purpose and scope of his or her research project for which funding is sought. Applicants must also indicate the exact sum of money required and whether other sources have been approached for financial support, giving the proposed itinerary in the case of an application for travel funds. In addition to a curriculum vitae, recommendations from at least two persons of academic standing familiar with the applicant's previous work and proposed research are required. It is strongly recommended that you contact NAASR at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting materials for consideration. Materials must be received prior to the quarterly deadline to be considered.
- A copy of any book, article, report or other work, the writing of which has been assisted by a grant, is to be deposited with NAASR. A final report and financial accounting is expected as soon as possible and within 12 months of a grant's being issued. Support of NAASR must be acknowledged in any publication resulting from a research grant.
- NAASR reserves the right of access to all microfilms, software, copies of documents, or other materials acquired with a NAASR grant.
KNIGHTS OF VARTAN
FUND FOR ARMENIAN STUDIES
Since 2007, the National Association for Armenian Studies and Research (NAASR) and the Knights of Vartan have collaborated on administering the Knights’ Fund for Armenian Studies (FAS).
Proposals for grants are subject to approval by the NAASR Academic Committee and the Board of Trustees of the Knights of Vartan FAS.
The Knights of Vartan Fund for Armenian Studies provides fellowships and support for scholarly research and publication in the field of Armenian Studies to qualified scholars in any institution of higher learning, at the graduate or post-doctoral levels. Grants may also be made to fund lectures, seminars, and conferences. Funds are not available for undergraduate research or for work that falls outside the field of Armenian Studies.
Support of Knights of Vartan Fund for Armenian Studies must be acknowledged in any publication resulting from a research grant.
NAASR Academic Committee
Prof. Kevork Bardakjian - University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Prof. Michael J. Connolly - Boston College
Prof. Dennis R. Papazian - University of Michigan, Dearborn (retired)
Prof. James R. Russell - Harvard University (retired)
Direct applications or inquiries (at least 3-6 months before grant request date) to:
National Association for Armenian Studies and Research, Inc.
395 Concord Ave.
Belmont, MA 02478
Telephone: (617) 489-1610
Fax: (617) 484-1759