Executive Director Position
Executive Director Position
Deadline for Submissions: September 30, 2021
NAASR is looking for a dynamic and dedicated person as Executive Director who will be primarily responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations of NAASR within budgeted parameters, including implementing and supervising in a collaborative working style current and new programs, securing funding from private and public sources, establishing and expanding relationships with donors and the community, hiring and supervising NAASR staff members, preparing financial reports and budgets, conducting outreach to the public, developing and maintaining financial organizational stability, and expanding NAASR membership nationally and internationally. The Executive Director will work in conjunction with the staff, Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and members to achieve organizational goals and activities, as set forth in NAASR's strategic plan. The Executive Director works in Belmont, MA.
- General Management, Administration, Staff Supervision, and Board Relations
- Fundraising, Development, Donor Cultivation, and Membership Expansion
- Fiscal and Financial Management
- External Relations and Communications
- Undergraduate degree required; Masters Degree, Business Degree in Non-profit Management, Law Degree, Fundraising Certification, or similar qualifications desirable;
- Strong commitment to NAASR’s mission, with strategic thinking and visionary skills;
- Minimum four years of leadership experience in organizational management, preferably in the non-profit sector, with the ability to manage day-to-day operations, work collaboratively with a board and staff, and ensure financial stability and professional integrity;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing programs and initiatives, with strong problem solving, conflict management, and organizational skills;
- Nonprofit management experience including hiring, managing, and supervising staff to fulfill the goals of the organization;
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership skills to attract, retain and develop talented and committed staff, board, and volunteers and bring diverse people together;
- Ability to direct activities and work collaboratively as a team with staff, Board, and Executive Committee, and lead strategic and programmatic planning efforts;
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks at once in an organized and timely manner and ability to implement short- and long-term priorities of the organization;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective communications with colleagues, funders, and collaborative partners;
- Extensive fundraising experience, including track record of raising significant funds from foundations and individuals, and successes in writing grant proposals and managing events;
- Significant experience in financial management, budgeting, and financial projections to secure NAASR’s long-term viability, and ability to work with existing resources and develop new ones;
- Proficiency in computer systems including Word and Excel and ability to learn new software;
- Knowledge of Armenian issues and the community generally; Armenian language skills preferable but not required;
- Ability to engage audiences of varying backgrounds on NAASR’s mission;
- Availability to attend evening programs, meetings and events and promptly reachable via email and other means for urgent matters.
NAASR is conducting a nationwide search for candidates who meet the qualifications and satisfy the job description. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, salary requirements, and the names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your cover letter should address why you are interested in working with NAASR, how your past experiences are relevant, and what you would bring to the position of Executive Director. Salary is commensurate with experience. The position is located in Belmont, MA.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by September 30, 2021. The application process may remain open beyond that date until the position is filled.
Information regarding NAASR's history, programs, the Mardigian Library, and membership can be found throughout the NAASR website www.naasr.org. No phone calls please.