Founded in 1955, NAASR works to foster Armenian Studies and build community worldwide to preserve and enrich Armenian culture, history, and identity for future generations. NAASR is the only nationwide organization dedicated to the advancement of Armenian Studies through foremost institutions of higher education and through support for research, scholarship, public programs, and publications. NAASR is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a membership structure. NAASR operates a leading Armenian bookstore onsite and online, hosts public lectures each year, and has a world-class research library. Visit www.naasr.org for more information.
NAASR seeks a dynamic Program & Administrative Assistant, whose primary responsibilities include operating the NAASR bookstore onsite and online, managing the website and social media postings, updating donor and member information and renewals, and conducting general administrative duties. The Program & Administrative Assistant works under the supervision of the Executive Director, and must be attentive to detail, have a mastery of internet-based computer programs, and be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
General administrative support:
- Track and update member and donor information in donor management database
- Handle mailings to members, donors, and the public, acknowledging donations and renewals
- Update website and post events on social media weekly
- Update constant contact and assist in drafting messages
- Respond to phone calls and assist in answering the phone
- Provide general administrative support, and draft letters and emails, as needed
- Collaborate with the team to respond to daily activities and priorities
- Assist bookstore customers and visitors onsite and online
- Fulfilling book orders, shipping them to customers
- Assist in preparations for receptions and lectures
- Assist in selling books at lectures and events
- BA/BS Degree – required
- Expert level skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel
- Mastery of internet-based programs, including webpage software, and cloud-hosted donor management and sales or related programs
- Technical ease with a variety of computer programs, which could include Shopify, Point of Sale, eCC, DonorPerfect or similar programs
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to sustain focus on entering donor and membership data and tracking book inventory, purchases and sales with accuracy
- Professional demeanor and excellence in communication, organizational time-management, prioritization of workload, multi-tasking, and interpersonal skills
- Professional responsiveness and adaptability to rapid change
- Ability to work with limited supervision but seek supervision when needed, demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, and work collaboratively as a team
- Effective communication skills in writing letters to donors and members, and attentive listening skills
- Ability to assist in initiating, planning, and executing projects and events
- Maintain confidential and sensitive written and oral information
- Some knowledge of Armenian language helpful
NAASR is conducting a nationwide search for candidates who meet the qualifications and have the capabilities to satisfy the job responsibilities. To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and names of three references to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Salary is commensurate with experience. The position is located at 395 Concord Avenue, Belmont, MA. Priority consideration will be given to applications received no later than December 5, 2022. The position will remain open to applications until it is filled.