Live on Zoom. Registration is required and free.
Livestream on St. Leon Events YouTube channel.
LILIT GEVORGYAN, Russia and CIS Associate Director, IHS Markit (UK)
ARMEN KHARAZIAN, Principal Attorney, Kharazian Law (USA), formerly with the Foreign Service, Republic of Armenia
Join Lilit Gevorgyan and Armen Kharazian for Crisis in Armenia's Russia-Only Security Doctrine, the second in the What’s Next series of discussions on the post-war Armenian reality.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Key Armenia-Russia security, defense and border protection treaties: collective security arrangements under Russia-led military bloc CSTO
- The Application of Armenia-Russia security treaties during the 44-Day War; consequences of the 2016 transfer of air defense capabilities to Russia
- Armenia-Russia border protections treaties and Azarbaijan's creeping annexation of Armenian territories
- Armenia's quality of governance and policy-making and its impact on the country's national security
- Armenia's future under the "Russia-centered" security doctrine: opportunities and risks
- What can be done to mitigate current risks and manage future crises
Armenian Bar Association
Armenian Democratic Liberal Party/Ramgavars
Armenian Network of America-Greater NY
Daughters of Vartan-Sahaganoush Otyag
Knights of Vartan-Bakradouny Lodge
National Association for Armenian Studies and Research NAASR / Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation Lecture Series on Contemporary Armenian Issues
St. Leon Armenian Church